Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Boobie Cookies

One of my (many) concerns before giving birth to Nora was whether or not I would be able to breastfeed. I wanted so badly to give her the “recommended nutrition”. I also wanted that bond everyone talks about. I feel very fortunate to have had little issues breastfeeding (I’ll get into the issues I do have in another post).

One of the steps I take to make sure I produce enough is pay attention to what I’m eating. No lie, Lactation Cookies help. I make two different kinds, depending on how I’m feeling. They’re a quick source of all the good stuff that boosts supply… and they’re cookies for goodness sakes!

Here are the two recipes I make…

Peanut Butter Chocolate Lactation Cookies

Ingredients

• 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal

• 4 Tablespoons of Water (you can also use milk if desired• 1 Cup of Butter

• 1 Cup of White Granulated Sugar

• 1 Cup of Firmly Packed Brown Sugar

• 2 Eggs

• 2 Cups of Flour

• 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda

• 1 Teaspoon of Salt

• 3 Tablespoons Brewer’s Yeast

• (do not substitute)

• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla

• 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon

• 3 Cups Rolled Oats )

• 2 Cups of Organic Dark Chocolate Chips

• 3 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter

Directions

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix the water with the Flaxseed Meal in a small bowl and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.

3. In the meantime, combine the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and the eggs in a bowl and beat with a mixer for 2-3 minutes until all ingredients are well mixed.

4. Add the flaxseed to the mixture until well blended and set aside.

5. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and brewer’s yeast. You can use a spatula to mix the ingredients together. Combine this mixture to the butter mixture which takes another 1-2 minutes.

6. Stir the oats, chocolate chips, and the peanut butter into the mixture until well blended.

7. I like to chill my dough before baking (about 30 mins). But that’s optional. Using a tablespoon scoop out mixture and place onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. I used my hands to create little balls of cookie dough. Make sure to space them about 2 inches apart.

8. Bake for 10-13 minutes depending on your oven. Mine were baked for exactly 13 minutes then I allowed them to cool on the pan for another 3-4 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.

 

No-Bake Lactation Bites

Ingredients

• 2 cups old-fashioned oats

• ½ cup ground or milled flaxseed

• 3 tablespoons brewer’s yeast

• 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter

• ½ cup honey

• 1 teaspoon vanilla

• ½ cup dark chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Mix all ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Stir in chocolate chips.

2. Roll mixture into balls and refrigerate.



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/2FOCjos
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment