Monday, April 11, 2016

My essential oil pregnancy and birth

Since i had such an amazing natural birth using essential oils instead of a epidural 11 days ago when i delivered my son i wanted to share my experience for my pregnancy and for my labor, delivery and post partum

I avoided most oils during first trimester until about week 10-11 until i started feeling bad which is when i started using digestzen, the digestive blend. I used in topically on my stomach for morning sickness and when it was severe (which is was most of the second trimester, i would put a drop of my tongue that would stop it immediately) i also used lavender, a drop on my pillow at night to sleep me sleep.

In the second trimester i used digestzen for heavy pregnancy sickness that occurred around the clock otherwise. Diluted white fir on the stomach for round ligament pain, diluted deep blue for leg and arm cramps as well as for round ligament pain that white fir didn’t knock out on its own. Deep blue and migraines and peppermint and lavender diluted on my cheeks for wisdom tooth pain, i also occasionally added a drop of peppermint to an oz of water and drank for extreme heartburn, other wise i used digestzen for heartburn.

Third trimester i used all i used in the second trimester with the addition of lemon for a sore throat and mucus congestion when i had a cold, Roman chamomile for sleep, lime for energy when i needed a boost, on guard (i used it daily throughout my pregnancy i forgot to add!) for germ protection and immunity strength, deep blue for rib pain, lavender for everything! Serenity and balance in the bath for relaxation, deep blue for pelvic pain and immortelle for stretch marks

36 weeks on- i used germanium 3 drops in the bath daily for perineum support and helichryum and frankincense in coconut oil in a spray bottle for perineum massage daily 3x at 37 weeks, i used a pain spray for rib and back pain that consisted of balance deep blue frankincense and lavender with coconut oil, i used diluted black pepper for back labor, clary sage at 38 weeks on the inside point of my ankle 2x daily, lavender in bath for relaxation

Labor- when i got to the hospital around 630 pm i was dilated to a 6 and 100% effaced i worked on a birthing ball and diffused balance, i was only having mild contractions at this point. I applied some balance and lavender to my wrist temples and neck in efforts to continue to remain calm as labor progressed. Once i got to about an 8 and started to have stronger contractions my midwife applied clary sage to my ankle pressure points and stomach to progress. I got in the tub at this point and added citrus bliss and balance, 20 mins later or so i added lavender. At midnight my midwife broke my water at a 9, and i went back to the tub. More balance was added and the contractions got stronger and closer. I got out and applied the labor blend that consisted of clary sage, peppermint, cypress, black pepper, ylang ylang, and helichrusyum to my stomach and ankles. My midwife massged my back with pain spray( lav, deep blue, balance and frank) during my hard contractions once i got out of the tub, at this point im about an hour and 20 mins in of hard contractions and they are very close, im at a 10 and ready to push. I apply the relaxation blend( bergmot, roman chamomile and frankincense) to my temples stomach feet and wrist as well as the back of my neck as i started to get a little nutty at this point. I started pushing and my midwife applied helichsryum and frank with coconut oil during crowning and pushing to prevent tearing to the area and bruising to the head, with 4 pushing sessions about 40 or less mins my little boy ( not that little!) came into the world at 8 lb 12 oz 21 in long naturally and without a tear!

Post partum- i used a few drops of peppermint in the toilet immediately following delivery of the placenta for trouble urinating. Lavender and frankincense in a spray bottle mixed with water for healing.  Helichsryum for bleeding, i applied about every hour to my stomach for 6 hours or so, lavender in the diffuser, lavender on my stomach for pain, clary sage to help uterus pain and balance for hormone control.  Since coming home i have used elevation in the bath as well as deep blue, frank and lavender, i used on guard and frank for mastitis and Clary sage to boost milk supply when I needed to produce a little more to build up my freezer stash.

I have continued to use essential oils for just about any other issue that has risen in the meantime.
If you would like more information, please visit http://ift.tt/1SZ3iyr

image

Lindsey



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1Mpadl4
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment