Friday, April 8, 2016

OAT MAMA Lactation Granola Bars Review

This past week I had the opportunity to try out some lactation goodies from the sweet ladies at Oat Mama and I thought it required an honest review from a nursing momma, so here it is, I hope you enjoy!

Kristy and Eliza, the faces behind Oat Mama, sent a variety pack which included: Apple Cinnamon Raisin with Fenugreek,  Chocolate Almond Coconut, Nut and Berry, and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. After tasting each one, I would have to say that the chocolate almond coconut was my favorite. When I received my order in the mail I was certain that the peanut butter chocolate chip would be my favorite and as delicious as it was, the chocolate almond coconut still took the number 1 spot. All of the flavors were good, however, and this is certainly a product I would not only recommend to others but would purchase myself again.

After a thorough taste test I thought I should see how they worked in terms of increasing supply. I am happy to report that I,indeed, saw an increase after consuming. I personally have a decent yet regular supply but would like to increase my freezer stash so I have been adding random pumping sessions into my routine on a bi-weekly basis. I typically only get an ounce or two total for both breast.

I consumed a bar, nuts and berry, around 7 pm a few evenings ago. I waited around an hour (i had to nurse my son in this hour time frame) after before pumping and here were my results:

image

This isn’t the best picture but there was a total of 2 1/2 ounces approximately.

The next morning I thought I’d try again, I fed my son around 7 am ate the bar then pumped around 8:15 a.m. and here were my results:

image

My results were just a little of 3 oz total for both breast. In addition to the increase I can visibly see from pumping I notice that after I eat this snack, I feel a slight bit fuller which I find impressive for being 11 months postpartum.

As for the nutrional value of the products, overall they are pretty healthy.  While a little high in calorie, they are filled with several nurtients so your getting a good quality and most importantly healthy snack or breakfast item. While reading the list of ingredients I notice that several organic items were used which I also enjoyed.

For mommas with food sensitivities or little ones with them, these snacks are dairy free, wheat free, soy free, and egg free and although made in a facility that processes peanuts, the ingredients itself are gluten free.

So please, head on over to
http://www.oatmama.com and order some for yourself! You won’t be disappointed!

image



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1UO3yDP
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment