Saturday, April 4, 2015

Aged Girly-ness! and DIY crafts

My A doesn’t have a room conducive to a four poster or a canopy bed so we improvised.

This piece is completely made of scrap wood in my garage. I used 2 of the bummy legs from the Bathroom Sweet, a 1×4 scrap, 1×6 scrap, 1×10 scrap and miscellaneous screws.


image


I started by attaching the scrolly pieces to a 1×4 with pocket jig and 2 inch screws.


image


I then screwed my 1×10 onto the scroll pieces and the 1×4. I used the pocket jig to then attach the 1×6 that had been stripped down to 4 inches to the 1×10. {This could be backwards but it worked.} After connecting the 2 boards I finished attaching the 1×6 {remember it’s stripped to 4 inches} to the scroll sides. It looks something like this…


image


image


Then I sanded it all down with 80 grit and my orbital sander and gave it a sloppy coat of Kona.


image

{As much as I dislike the look of my cheap linoleum floor, it is awesome about the abuse it gets. It also protects a gorgeous wood floor that I am working on refinishing.}

After the stain dried for a bit {dry in 15 minutes, stain in an hour} I slathered on a coat of flat ceiling paint.

image


It is definitely white…not a blue tone.


After it dried, I sanded…remember to not sand off too much. When you varnish it will look like you sanded more than you did. I think it’s because everything looks darker when wet.

This is what one coat of varnish on it looks like…

image At this point this project got stalled out by 3 weeks of sickness and 2 weeks of iffy weather and poor scheduling. But I finally got it up today!! Woot Woot!!


image It is screwed into the wall in 3 spots


image The little dots are where I put the 3d finishing nails for hanging these super sheers…


image …these sheers were a super bargain that we had used in her old bedroom.


image The finished result is fabulous and pink!


I cannot wait to get her bed frame and headboard done!





from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1J8IoaB

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment