Friday, October 16, 2015

Mel's Boobie Biscuits

Going back to full-time work has taken a toll on my milk supply. Whereas I always used to have plenty of milk, I now seem to be expressing less……. to the point where I am starting to freak a little and I have convinced myself my milk must be drying up (even though the rational me says it isn’t!).

I have to admit, some days I am so busy at work that I don’t express as often as I should so I am partly to blame for my milk situation…. I also struggle to drink lots of water during the day and I am skipping meals. Not intentionally. Just because I have a million and one things to do in my day now that I am working and being a mum. I have never been a big water drinker so getting my 2 litres a day is a huge task for me – 8 glasses of water a day seems impossible yet somehow 8 glasses of wine in an evening out used to be a breeze (pre-baby that was!!!).

So anyway. Enough about vino. Back to boobs. My whole where has my milk gone situation got me talking to Mel, a good friend of mine, who gave me the recipe for some delicious tasting cookies to help increase my milk supply. Not only are these cookies super yummy, the brewers yeast in them helps with milk production and I have already started noticing a huge difference.

So if you are interested, here is what you need to do:

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup self raising wholemeal flour
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1/2 sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
  • 3 tablespoons of water
  • 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons of brewers yeast
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1.5 cups of oats

Preheat your oven to 170 degrees

In a large bowl mix the coconut oil, sugar, egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the water and flaxseed. let it sit for a few minutes before adding to the mix. Add the rest of the dry ingredients (except for the oats) and mix well. Finally, stir in the oats.

Take a tablespoon and spoon out the biscuits onto a lined baking tray. Flatten each one with your fingers. Bake for approximately 10-13 minutes in the oven before taking them out to cool.



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1OzpVJT
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment