Monday, July 18, 2016

Banana Cuppies: Lactation Muffin Recipe

BANANA

I have been making a lot of lactation cookies and brownies lately, but I’ve noticed people posting about lactation muffins as well so I thought I would give it a try. So happy that I found this recipe on My Little Poppyseed.

These lactation cupcakes or muffins are very delicious with just the right amount of sweetness. The aroma of the banana is amplified by the flavoring I put in and it is just oh so fluffy! The cupcakes or muffins don’t dome very much, and because I wanted to see the difference I’ve tried it with both cake flour and all purpose flour (not much difference). I’ve tried filling the cupcake liners 2/3rds of the way full, I’ve tried filling it super close to the top, it still didn’t dome so much.

20160430_204057

The taste of the brewer’s yeast and the fenugreek isn’t as prominent as when I make lactation cookies but believe me, they’re there.

What I like about this is that it is super easy to prepare, I don’t even need to use the stand mixer for this one. All of the times I’ve made this I mixed the batter by hand and I love the fact that I don’t have as many bowls to wash after baking a batch!

You can also choose to decrease the amount of sugar indicated in this recipe. Bananas, especially when they’re overripe, are astonishingly sweet so reducing the sugar to 2/3rds or half would probably not alter the taste so much.20160522_195028_1

I love making these and my family likes to eat them as well. Sometimes I put cream cheese frosting on top of the banana cupcakes, I also like to drizzle some melted white chocolate on top of these babies. But they’re absolutely delicous even without them!

Try it out and do let me know what you think!

20160523_170300

Lactation Banana Cuppies (Adapted from this recipe)

Ingredients: (makes 12-15 muffins)
▪ 3-4 very ripe bananas
▪ 1/3 cup of butter, very soft or melted
▪ 1 cup of sugar
▪ 1 tsp of banana flavour
▪ 1 egg
▪ 1 tsp of baking soda
▪ Pinch of Salt
▪ 1 cup of flour
▪ 1/2 cup of rolled oats
▪ 2 Tbsp. Brewer’s Yeast Powder
▪ 2 Tbsp. Flax Seed
▪ 1 cup of chocolate chips
▪ 1 cup of chopped nuts of your choice (optional, I like walnuts!)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.  Put muffin wrappers or cupcake liners in a pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash up your very ripe bananas.  Add the soft or melted butter and mix until blended.  Add banana flavour and egg and mix until blended, then add sugar and mix until blended.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, Brewer’s Yeast and Flax Seed until blended.
4. Add the banana mixture into the dry ingredients.  Once well blended, mix in the rolled oats.  Then add chocolate chips and nuts (if you are using them) and mix well.
5. Once all ingredients have been well mixed, fill each muffin wrapper about 3/4 of the way with batter.  Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out dry.

Let cool on a cooling rack, you can choose to frost with cream cheese frosting or melted white chocolate (yum!) or eat them without anything on top, it still tastes amazing!

20160513_150126



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/29JRwXL
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment