Thursday, July 21, 2016

What I wished I had packed in my hospital bag.

Ok I know this is super late getting typed up…. BUT

Around 34 weeks I decided I would pack the hospital bag to have it ready in case anything were to happen early. So what did I do? Exactly what you are; looking on Pinterest and the Internet to see if I could find the BEST packing list. Being a first time mom I really had no idea what I would /wouldn’t need! So I have decided to tell y’all exactly what I packed and what I wished I had packed!

image
What I packed:
•soffee shorts (2)
•T-shirts, loose fitting (2)
•nursing bra
•outfit to wear home (maxi skirt and maternity shirt)
•toiletries (make-up, shower stuff, hair brush, hair ties, head bands)
•phone chargers
•flip-flops (2 pair-one for the shower)
What I wished I packed:
•a satin robe or a hospital gown you buy
•nursing dress/night gown
•snacks (mostly snacks to boost lactation) •water bottle
•my own pillows and blankets
•boppy pillow
•breast pads (these I just totally forgot)
•socks

When I was in the hospital I wore my hospital gowns the whole time, I didn’t change out of it until it was time to go home! But I think if I had a different type of hospital gown/robe that I would change into that. If you are planning on breasfeeding you definitely want something that it is easy to get to your boobs.

 

Here is my amazing recipe for some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! This makes about 4 dozen depending on how big you make the cookies, I baked 2 dozen and froze the other 2 to make later on!

image
Ingredients:
•2 tablespoons ground flax seed
•1/4 cup water
•1 cup butter
•3/4 cup white sugar
•1/2 cup brown sugar
•3 eggs
•2 teaspoons vanilla extract
•2 cups flour
•1/4 cup Brewers yeast
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•3 cups old fashioned oats
•2 cups M&Ms
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix water and flax seed meal into a small bowl and set aside for the moment.
3. Cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
4. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
5. Mix in the bowl of flax seed meal.
6. Add flour, brewer’s yeast, baking soda, and salt.
7. Stir in oats and M&Ms.
8. Place spoonfuls of the dough onto the baking sheets and bake for about 10 – 15 minutes depending on your oven.
9. After taking the cookies out of the oven, let them sit for about a minute or two, and them move them onto a wire rack or plate.
10. Wait for them to cool, and enjoy!

Here is another lactation recipe, it’s no bake homemade granola bars!
Ingredients:
•1 cup honey
•1 cup all natural peanut butter
•2Tbsp Ground flax seed
•1-2 cups quick oats
•Your favorite topping (we use chocolate chips because Justin eats these too)
Directions:
1. Put honey, peanut butter, and ground flax seed in a pot
2. Melt the above using a medium heat on the stove
3. Add in the oats, I have never really measured how much you need I just stir until it’s not so gooey
4. Place the mixture into a greased covered dish
5. Place your favorite topping on top
6. Then let it set, I usually do it over night and then enjoy!!!

Alright y’all I hope these things are helpful!

XOXO



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/2a2XuWp
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment