Thursday, July 14, 2016

Day 1-3

Friday
I saw the lactation consultant we had a big chat she knows my story and is very supportive and says relactation is very possible but you have to be 100% determined and committed. Pump with a hospital grade pump 8 times in 24 hours which includes at least once overnight ( I’m using a medela swing at the moment but have arranged to hire a medela symphony from Australian Breastfeeding association to be able to double pump, I love this pump from when I was exclusively pumping). She also suggested Domperidone if I am not expressing at least a few mL each session within a week. Domperidone is a dopamine suppressant which allows your prolactin levels to increase….. Of course you need a script and to talk to a lactation consultant about dosing but it also is not marketed for this in Australia for this so you need to find a GP wiling to write you the script. My supplemental nursing system arrived too. He fed successfully for about 5 minutes using this which is a HUGE achievement is our shitty breastfeeding relationship. Bub has a yucky eye so i defrosted some milk from the freezer from when I was expressing and decided there was no way I was going to throw out what I didn’t use so I would give it to him to test his belly. No reaction so far it can take a few hours to a few days so watch this space. He had 50mL so time will tell if he has a cow milk intolerance.

Saturday
We drove a 3 hour round trip today to collect the pump as my town don’t hire them. I am feeling so positive. I am pumping 2nd hourly in the day and 1-2 times over night. Still getting minimal milk production but feeling like by breasts are achy and a bit lumpy like in early pregnancy. Fingers crossed. Still no reaction to the milk either.

Sunday
Today was a huge day of pumping 9 sessions (132 mins) in 24 hours in so impressed I pump usually for 20 mins however even if I can only squeeze in 5-10 I do this. I noticed some milk in the breast shields today after I pumped so I think my supply has increased slightly YAY. I offered bub his night feed from the SNS which he took almost his whole feed from, it was very fiddler so hubby gave him about 30ml from a bottle while I set it up then he latched on. I find my nipples are much bigger after I pump so currently using the pump to make them bigger so he will latch easier. He can be very impatient so not really forcing the supplemental nursing system (sns) currently however once I have a bit more of a supply will put him on more. I don’t want him to not like my breasts again lol
I have downloaded “pump log”it’s an app that reminds you to pumpTells you how long for and I list love it.



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/29QAf2e
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment