Saturday, August 6, 2016

3 Minutes (or so) Healthy Pancakes

Ah, it’s Saturday morning! One of my favorite days. I get to wake up slow next to my favorite human and giggle. Then we usually fall back asleep and wake up again smiling. (Side note: I used to never be a morning person until I started co-sleeping with Nash). 


I usually rush out of the door (M-F) with avocado toast or a protein shake in the AM but seeing as we had time this morning I decided to make PANCAKES! Motherfucking wonderful  pancakes. Who doesn’t love pancakes?? And if you don’t – then please leave my blog. However, this morning I made them differently from a recipie I saw on Facebook. These are “healthy” pancakes. I put the word healthy into quotations because once you pour butter and syrup all over them then they’re not considered healthy anymore. However – side note for breastfeeding mamas like myself: the myth is that oats help with lacation so you might be able to call these: “healthy boobie juice” pancakes. 


I started by mashing 1 ripe banana.

I added in 1 large egg and stirred until mixed. 

I added 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract. 

And then added in 1/4 cup of Oats. 

All while preparing the batter I heated up a small nonstick pan and sprayed it with PAM. 

I cooked the pancakes for about 1 – 1.5 minutes each side until they browned. 

I quickly added to my plate and BAM! PANCAKES!!! Now drizzle that shit with so much grass fed butter and organic syrup that the hipsters start running towards your house. God bless you organic queen. May all your dairy be made by grass fed happy cows that start their day with kisses and rainbows.


And then eat those overpriced buttered hipster pancakes with all your might. *please dear god don’t forget to snapchat your experience* 
Xo,

Sydney



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/2b3n50H
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment