Friday, September 23, 2016

My No Bake Lactation Bites

Being a new mom or a mom with a newborn can be so exhausting especially for those breastfeeding moms. But everything is possible if we just try and stop sometimes to relax- a minute or two to close your eyes and breathe is a huge help.

Since I bought so much extra brewer’s yeast and flax seed from my first breastfeeding journey last year, I decided to try new lactation smoothies and desserts with them. I tried these stuff too:

  1. Banana lactation smoothie
  2. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
  3. Added brewer’s yeast to my juices and other drinks like coffee or chocolate drink (but in little amounts like half a teaspoon since it also has its own flavor)

I didn’t want to use the oven this time to make my dessert. So I tried no bake lactation bites. I got this recipe from this site but I adjusted it to what I want and what are available in our kitchen. Here’s my recipe for those breastfeeding moms and those who would like to make some for their breastfeeding family or friends. Dads, you can even make moms a surprise dessert :)

20160923_230452.png

Ingredients

  • 2 cup oats – old fashioned or instant
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1  cup honey
  • 3/4 cup ground flax seed (bought mine from Healthy Options)
  • 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (you can buy this in supermarkets)
  • 6 tbs brewer’s yeast (bought mine from Healthy Options)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/2 cup water (I added this because I found the mixture too dry at first but you can opt not to add this)

Procedure

  1. Mix all ingredients together
  2. Refrigerate for about an hour at the very least
  3. Roll into bite-sized balls
  4. Put them in an airtight container
  5. Enjoy and drink lots of water too!

I did see an increase in my milk supply the day after I ate these. I just ate 3 bites and it worked!

Yup! This is my Friday night now. Happy weekend!

“The benefits to the mother of immediate breastfeeding are innumerable, not the least of which after the weariness of labor and birth is the emotional gratification, the feeling of strength, the composure, and the sense of fulfillment that comes with the handling and suckling of the baby.” -Ashley Montague

Logo-Icon-Colored



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/2cXfIbL
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment