Saturday, December 24, 2016

Yummy Lactation Cookies.

I wanted to share the recipe for these lactation cookies that was referred from one of my friends. I honestly think they work, because on the days that I don’t drink a lot of water, these cookies are my go-to. It keeps my milk production up! Along with that, I take 2 Fenugreek Herbal Supplement capsules 3-4x a day (shown below,found at Walmart), and taking those will make you smell sweet through your pores. I have researched also to let your baby’s pediatrician know you are taking it, so they won’t think your baby is diabetic since they will also be smelling sweet also.

Screenshot 2016-12-24 15.21.20.png

There was another recipe I tried, which I used Betty Crocker Oatmeal mix, brewers yeast, and flaxseed, but I didn’t like the flavor and how it turned out. I’ve tried the Oatmeal Creme Pies from Debbies, although that didn’t work for me.

On the other hand, with these cookies I made from scratch, it has become my absolute favorite to make!  I found it useful to read the reviews, and I read how some people altered some of the ingredients, whether it was the amount they put in of an ingredient or the kind of brands they used. It is totally up to one’s preference.

img_9047

Above, here are some of the ingredients/ brands that I used to make my cookies, and below, I included the link from where the recipe originated from. 

Noel’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies

Ingredients

Materials

  • Sifter/Mesh spoon
  • Bowl
  • Electrical handmixer (makes mixing much easier)
  • Baking sheet
  • Cookie scooper (better than using a spoon, and dough won’t get on your hand)
  • Spatula (easy to use to take cookies off the tray)
  • Spoon/fork to help mix

Screenshot 2016-12-24 15.00.39.png

-Found at Walmart (for those looking for an affordable one) and works great!-

INSTRUCTIONS

  • Preheat oven to 350°.
  • Mix the flaxseed meal and water with a spoon/fork, and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
  • Using an electric hand mixer, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs well.
  • Add flaxseed mix and beat well again.
  • Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt onto the butter mix.
  • Mix with a fork or spoon, just enough for the powder not to go all over the place when using the electrical hand mixer afterwards.
  • Use electrical hand mixer to mix all the ingredients.
  • Add in the oats and chips.
  • Scoop onto baking sheet, using the cookie scooper.
  • Bake for 12 minutes and take it out from the oven.
  • Let tray sit for a couple minutes then remove from tray, using a spatula.

img_9046

Now I have some for myself and I was able to give my friend some too! Yay to breastfeeding.



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/2ietbxy
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment