Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Essential Oils Basics

Aaaaaand I’m back! But not with a vengeance.

It’s Wednesday on my side of the globe and I bet it’s time for some #WellnessWednesdays!

I’m sure word is going around fast with regard to essential oils. Like me, I’ve heard of them on Instagram and Facebook. Majority of the posts I see come from Moms and they use these essential oils for different kinds of things. At first I didn’t mind it because I saw no use for it. But the more posts I see about it[essential oils], especially the benefits, the more I got curious.

Luckily, as I was browsing through my Instagram, I saw this online shop that sells lactation spreads (Ava’s Kitchen) and she partnered with Healthy Monsters to come up with the ultimate lactation arsenal for every breastfeeding mothers.

And this was what I ordered from Ava’s Kitchen:

Lactation Baon Set + Flowin Tatahs Lactation Essential Oil Rollie

img_20181128_1244588266136223756744883.jpg

Lactation Baon Set + Flowin Tatahs Lactation Essential Oil Rollie

Contents:
-100g lactation spread (you choose the flavor)
-1 pack of malunggay flakes
-3 pcs. malunggay pandesal
-1 Flowin Tatahs Lactation Essential Oil Rollie

According to Ava’s Kitchen, it is best to eat the pandesal with the lactation spread BEFORE pumping, and use the rollie AFTER pumping.

So if you’re looking for something to up your pumping game, you should definitely try their lactation spread. I ordered the Peanut Butter flavor and it tastes just as good, only better. I found myself having to “clean” the entire jar with my finger. That was fun! The bread was tasty too! Especially if it’s toasted…Mmmmmmm!

Ok. Now that I have made myself hungry thinking about that malunggay pandesal with the peanut butter lactation spread paired with the yummiest, most fragrant, and not to mention HEALTHY, coffee mix from Mother Nurture, aren’t you mommas even curious about essential oils?

I am. So here goes.

essential-oil-introduction

According to Aromaweb, essential oils are produced by steam or water distillation of the leaves, woods, petals, buds, needles, bark or roots of aromatic botanicals such as lavender, rosemary, cedarwood, rose, peppermint and cypress. It is highly concentrated and a little goes a long way.

Have you ever seen the movie Perfume: The Story of a Murderer? It was a movie released in the Philippines on October 17, 2007.

(You can check out the trailer here.)

It’s about one of 18th Century France’s finest perfumers : Jean-Baptiste Grenouille (played by Ben Wishaw).

There was this scene in the movie where Grenouille, obssessed with capturing the scent of young womanhood, started to go on a killing spree to preserve their scents. 12 of them to be exact. His so-called “Thirteenth scent” was from the beautiful redheaded daughter of the wealthy Antoine Richis.

If you have seen the movie, you know what I’m talking about. If not, you should go watch this psychological thriller.

Now back to essential oils.

Today, essential oils are used by a lot of people because they believe it can provide some therapeutic benefits, both physical and psychological.

Usually it is achieved by inhalation or just topical application of the diluted EO to the skin.

Inhalation? How?

Actually, some use diffusers or humidifiers or even aromatic jewelry. Yep! Jewelry. Talk about fashion with a purpose.

How do they work?

Well, EO molecules enter our lungs as we inhale it. Then they are absorbed into the bloodstream. That’s about as far as I can explain. No science wiz here.

But anyways, there are a lot of brands of EOs. You just have to find one that has the best quality. And of course you may consider their prices. But if you’re like me who does not want to go through all the trouble of mixing different EOs to create a specific blend, you can just order one from Healthy Monsters over at Instagram.

They’ve got a set for kids and for adults for Php 1,500 per set (excluding the shipping fee). And did I mention the packaging is too cute? It’s sort of inspited by the movie “The Book of Life” or “Coco”.

Kids Collection at Php 1,500 per set + shipping

Adults Collection at Php 1,500 per set + shipping

Like I said earlier, they also have one for all you lactating mommas!

Flowin’ Tatahs at Php 600 per rollie + shipping

Hey, if it lets me drink medicines less, I’m down with it.

But like I said, every person is different. EOs may work for you, they may not. It’s best to research and ask friends and/or professionals.

So I guess that’s it for me!

Be sure to check out the links I gave if you want to get your hands on those different blends.

‘Till next #WellnessWednesdays!



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed https://ift.tt/2QcWKEl
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment