Saturday, December 2, 2017

Lactation Smoothie Mix

October this year was a very special month.  I gave birth to my lovely baby boy.  In the beginning it was tough because I was not producing enough milk.  I ended up supplementing with formula until my milk came in. I tried using Mother’s Milk Tea but it just made my baby gassy.  I decided to look up lactation smoothies.  Most of them sounded easy but still a lot of measuring and cleaning up the blender.  When you have a little one, you know that you don’t have that much time.  The recipes that I can across always had oatmeal, brewer’s yeast and flax seeds.  I decided to come up with a recipe for a smoothie mix that you can just stir into milk or non-dairy milk or even add it to a smoothie.

It is super easy.  All you need is 4 tbsp brewer’s yeast, 4 tbsp flax seeds, and 1 cup oatmeal.

Blend everything nicely.

Store in a jar or container in the refrigerator.

To make your smoothie mix 3 tbsp in a 16 oz mug of milk of your choice. I like using oat milk.  You can also add this to your smoothie. This makes it easy and quick to make a lactation smoothie.  I have at least one a day and I think it has helped with my milk production.

Lactation Smoothie Mix

  • 4 tbsp flax seed
  • 4 tbsp brewer’s yeast
  • 1 cup oatmeal

Blend everything in a blender and store in a jar or container in the fridge.  To make a smoothie, mix 3 tbsp with 16 oz of milk or none dairy milk.  You can also use this in your smoothie or oatmeal.  *it is easy to double this recipe!

For more recipes: http://ift.tt/2nnREr4

 



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/2zJiv2r
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment