Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Beachcomber Necklace Kit

I have been lacking in inspiration on the jewellery making front recently so making a quick kit piece was a good way for me to feel productive and creative without having to come up with fresh ideas first.



This is the Beachcomber Kit from Spellbound Bead Co. You can find the instructions to make it on their website, along with this pack with everything you need in it.




Everything included in the kit: wire, beads, jump rings, clasp and chain.





I really love these feather pendants!







Et voila! The finished piece.



I love the colours and think it will be perfect for summer! It’s quite a long necklace so I will have to try out pairing it with different tops/dresses- I can always shorten the chain if necessary. The only problem I had with making this is that unfortunately one of the oval shaped beads had a very small hole for some reason and I couldn’t feed the wire through, so there are only 4 rows of beads instead of the 5 there is supposed to be. I don’t think this affects the overall look that much though, and am still happy with the way it turned out!


Do you prefer creating items from kits or things you have come up with yourself? Have you ever suffered from ‘crafter’s block’ and if so, how have you got out of it?






from crafts « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1CSbKsF

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment