Thursday, April 2, 2015

DIY Chalkboard Chest and DIY crafts

chalk2


Ok so I’ve had this chest covered in stickers from when I was in high school laying around serving no purpose. Last week i did another project with an old wall hang fixture with some Martha Stewart Crafts chalkboard paint. I will probably to a post about the wall hang sometime soon! But back to the chest.


I couldn’t just peel all of these stickers off it was the most strenuous activity and hardly any stickers actually came off. I thought about what could cover all of these stickers and I first thought of making polka dots over each sticker. As the chest has just been sitting there creating un needed attention, I wanted to make the chest as camouflage as possible. DING DING! Black chalk paint!


chalk1


I purchased the Martha Stewart Crafts multi purpose chalkboard paint with a clear finish, and multi purpose chalkboard acrylic paint (used on wall hang). The paint is perfect. I highly suggest it for any chalkboard projects you would want to do. Great coverage and not much is needed! I used a little more than half of the bottle for the chest.


chalk3


Right now the chest is still drying so i have not tested out the actual chalk yet but i will re-edit this post when it is dry. I am putting this old chest to use, in my son Noah’s room, to contain all of his little toy trucks and cars. Im going to go to the container store or Michael’s to find dividers to help the giant chest be more functional. That’s all for now! Check back soon!


-Char






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1CYdlNO

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment