Wednesday, April 1, 2015

DIY Easter Basket  and DIY crafts

Happy April Fool Day to all of you pranksters out there! Try not to ruin lives with your pranks, today ;-).


Since it is April 1st, this means Easter is this upcoming, Sunday. This will be Jordyn’s first Easter. Years before I found out I was pregnant, I told myself I would make my future children’s Easter baskets myself. I love doing little DIY (do it yourself) crafts when it comes to the holidays, and I think personalized Easter baskets are the best since you can mold the theme to characteristics and personality.


The theme for Jordyn’s Easter basket this year is pretty simple: Baby. She’s at the baby stage of learning to feed herself snacks, pick things up, hold things, and like the various textures of things. So I went to a few different stores to buy items she needs, likes, and can use in the future.


IMG_2608


The basket contains: A bunny Bible, a set of egg-shaped outside chalk, a stuffed animal (bunny), large plastic Easter eggs, snacks to put in the Easter eggs, and a snack cup for her treats.


I first filled the plastic Easter eggs with the little Gerber’s Graduate snacks. Jordyn loves the Strawberry Apple ones!


IMG_2611


Then I placed the green and pink plastic grass in the bottom of the basket since it matched the basket colors.


IMG_2613


Now, put the basket stuffers in the Easter basket so it fits well, but looks full as well. I played around with a few ways to place the items in the basket before I finally picked my favorite design.


IMG_2623


And this is the finished product! Although Jordyn doesn’t have much of an opinion this time around, I know she’ll enjoy the items over the next year, and will enjoy her baskets even more as she grows up. Yay for her first Easter basket! Have a happy Wednesday. :-)


Brie <3


[04.01.15]






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/19IgLbV

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment