Sunday, April 5, 2015

DIY Easter Eggs and DIY crafts

I have never celebrated easter in a religious manner, or any other religious holiday for that matter. I do enjoy the traditions that follow these holidays and especially when it includes food and paint!


IMG_2544


Even though I might act grown up at times, I still have my inner child with me- at all times. I believe we all have that and I think we should embrace our inner child. Be happy, be playful and enjoy life. Easter is the perfect childish holiday- we get to paint egg shells! We get to play with food!


IMG_2542


This is the first time I dye my eggs- we usually paint them with a paint brush, but I must say that this is way nicer. The colors are so welcoming, warm and eye pleasing. I love how every egg turn out different than the other and the organic lines in the shell is just pure awesomeness.


What you need

Vinegar


Food coloring


Hot water


Jar/container to put your eggs in


What you do

Boil the eggs as normal (soft or hard boiled). Add one teaspoon of vinegar to the jar with enough warm water to cover the egg. Add 1-2 teaspoons of food coloring (the more food coloring, stronger the color). Let the egg sit in the jar for around 5 minutes. When the eggs have the desired color, let it dry on a paper cloth and serve these bad boys for breakfast!


If you want these for future decoration, make sure to empty the egg shell by creating a small hole with a needle in both ends and carefully blow out the egg of its shell.


IMG_2545






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1xU5PmP

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment