Thursday, April 2, 2015

Easy fix for a peeling laminate counter and DIY crafts

The lip of my otherwise decent laminate countertop started peeling a while back. Time to replace the countertop?


No! It was time to get out the carpenter’s glue and a toothpick.


The toothpick was to smear the glue to the underside of the laminate, which was hard to reach any other way (my finger and the bottle tip both being too big for the space, unless I wanted to peel the laminate further off the counter, which I didn’t).


image


Lookie at all that glue! Maybe I went a bit overboard.


image


After applying the glue, I used clamps to hold the laminate in place for 24 hours.


wpid-img_20150103_093639.jpg


Here’s what it looked like when the glue had dried.


image


If you peek under the lip, you can see that I did indeed apply too much glue. Good thing that only kids and cats ever see it!


image


And here’s a nicer “after” shot in natural light. Can you spot the Lilo?


image






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1xGXZN5

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment