Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Steamer Lactation Fudge Brownie

I am committed to breastfeeding my son, Apollo, for as long as I can and as long as he will allow me.

That being said, I’ve been looking at a lot of lactation recipes online. Though I have come across quite a few good ones, I felt they were either too time consuming or ingredient hungry ( for lack of a better term) for me.

So, decided to make my own lactation food and picked a fudge brownie recipe to start with.

I am no baker, so rather than ruining a batch, I decided to use a brownie mix and added the galactagogues.

Most of the recipes that I’ve seen used flaxseed and brewer’s yeast, so I chose to use those for my recipe.

image

To make the cake, I mixed the batter as instructed in the package. But, for a fudgier cake I decided to add 2 eggs instead of 1 and added 2 spoonfuls of greek yogurt. Then, it was just a matter of adding the flaxseed and the brewer’s yeast.

Per the package warning, I only used 1 heaping tablespoon of the yeast. But, I went crazy with the flaxseed. Hehe.

Also, I did mention, I steamed the cake. 20 to 25 minutes or until done. This is because I have no oven. However, I do feel the steaming makes for a fugdier cake as opposed to how an oven can often dry out a cake.

And, because I’m such a chocoholic and I had nutella, I added a few dallops on top. I would have tried swirling it, but my dallops were just too big so it ended up as one big glob instead.

Finished product:

image

Because of wet glob that was the nutella spread, the top was a bit wet after the steaming, still good though.

Remains to be seen if it works.



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1Pzqd0L
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment