Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Oatmeal Lactation Cookies

12645263_10153311305171643_73268011692589310_n

Here is my take on lactation cookies: I am not sure if the COOKIES really work, but i do believe that the key ingredients (Oats, Brewers yeast, Coconut oil, Flax) work. Cookies are just an awesome way to eat all of them together ;). Oatmeal is amazing for helping with milk supply! if you don’t want to eat the cookies, then eat your oatmeal every morning, if you have time to make it every morning lol. Since delivery I feel like I am constantly hungry, like had never been so hungry in my life. Cookies are just easy and quick to grab and eat, especially middle of the night.

Some days its so crazy with Dhyan in the mornings, I don’t eat until 2pm and then I get really sick to my stomach. I feel like babies are energy draining and for survival at night when you are starving, these cookies are the best and quite filling! I have looked at many recipes and this is my own version. I have tried making them healthier.

These would be great gift to a new mom. You can make a batch and freeze the dough so you can make it anytime you want. If you are like me on time crunch, I make a ton together on a weekend and have it for the whole week or two.

Ingredients:

3 cups of old fashioned rolled oats

1.5 cup all purpose flour

3 tbsp brewers yeast

3 tbsp ground flaxseed

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

2 tbsp coconut oil

1/2 cup of ghee

1 cup of brown sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp of vanilla extract

1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Method:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, four, yeast, flax seed powder, soda, and salt.

In a kitchen aid bowl, beat ghee and coconut oil on medium until creamy. Add in the sugar and beat on medium to high until fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until all ingredients are combined. Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined well. You can add chocolate chips or raisins if you wanted to at this point. Scoop the dough into 1 inch rounds and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are just golden. Let it cool completely before storing in a sealed container.

P.S. You can freeze the dough up to 2 weeks and bake them later if wanted. If you don’t thaw the dough prior baking then you may want to bake for extra 2-3 minutes. You can increase or decrease the sugar as you like. 

12552906_10153311304916643_4675652601137171829_n



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1nQdY7O
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment