Monday, January 25, 2016

Lactation Update

At the start of the weekend I noticed that I was passing up the 1oz mark on my storage containers. This is just over 1 oz per day, not per pump. Although I still have a long way to go, I am so beyond thankful that I am seeing progress in producing milk. I have been pumping for 12 weeks and on medication and pumping (Reglan, to be specific) for almost 5 weeks. Currently I am pumping every 3/4 hours, when the baby gets here in March, I will change that to every two hours.

Last week I tried to stop taking the Reglan to see if I could produce on my own, but the answer was quickly given, NO!!!! My milk decreased to almost nothing after stopping for only two days. I am unsure if/when I’ll be able to stop and just rely on my own body, but until then, I’ll keep you posted!!

Enjoy the week!



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1JzMzRt
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment