Sunday, June 26, 2016

Lactation Goodies: Ingredients And Where I Buy Them

I have been busy these past months on my baking business, which slowly gathered steam and then kind of steamrolled all over me. Not that I’m complaining! I am loving the late nights or early mornings or the non-stop baking days. Coupled with the fact that my main products are lactation goodies, I am real pleased that more moms are seriously committed to breastfeeding their little ones (like me)!

Now, it took me a while to find the lactation cookie recipe that I like the most. I have tried several lactation cookies from different online sellers and I didn’t like them very much. I have found them to be too dry, crumbly and not delicious at all.

And that’s the real reason I started http://ift.tt/28ZEJ6H

MLC_Clear sticker_option 5 clearScreen Shot 2016-01-13 at 10.20.35 AM

Fast forward to almost a year later and my lactation cookies and brownies steadily get sent out my door.

These are some of the vital ingredients I have in every lactation treat: rolled oats, Fenugreek, Flaxseed meal and Brewer’s Yeast Powder.

galactagogues.jpg

It’s very difficult to find Brewer’s Yeast Powder in the Philippines. I couldn’t find any! Eventually, I asked one of my best friends to buy it for me since she frequently travels to the US and back to Manila. The flaxseed meal and Fenugreek I would usually buy at Healthy Options, but I’ve also bought them at a nearby Organic deli store. Whole Grain Rolled Oats are easy to spot in the supermarkets and since I use whole wheat flour for my brownies, I buy those there too.

Next post, I will share with you the recipe I use for my lactation cookies. Trust me, they’re soon good you can’t resist reaching for more!

Thanks for checking in!

 



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/28ZEF6P
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment