Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Working mom lactation shake to go

If you’re like me you are producing just enough breastmilk to feed your baby and no extra. I also seem to not be responding to the pump very well. Such is life.

I have two lactation shake recipes that I use and they are the only thing that works.

Basically they are the same but altered slightly for breakfast and dinner times.


Here is my breakfast smoothie.

1cup milk, yogurt and oats

1/2cup frozen fruit (I pick strawberries because their the best fruit hands down and if you want to fight with me about it you’ll loose that battle 9 times out of 10)

1 banana

1tsp nutritional yeast, wheat germ and vanilla

1/2 tsp of cinnamon

3 tablets of Fenugreek (you can get them at Walmart) I pop them open and pour them into the cup. Be careful when you pop them open because if you aren’t paying attention like me almost daily you can make a big mess.

I mix everything together and then add the tsp items because otherwise my bullet blender does something stupid and can’t like reach the stuff I don’t know how to explain it but it’s annoying as hell.

I do one in the morning and one in the evening.

My evening one is basically the same minus the banana, cinnamon and the fenugreek. I add more frozen fruit to substitute the banana. 

The fenugreek kind of had a maple syrup taste and I think it tastes better in the breakfast one it’s not too great in the evening one. 

I also take 3 tablets of Fenugreek at lunch and dinner so 9 a day total.

The nutritional yeast is great I sprinkle it on my food during the day. I can say from experience it’s not a good addition to EVERYTHING because it has a cheesy taste. I add it to anything I would add cheese to and it tastes fine that way.

Finally, chug that shit. Because if you don’t drink it cold it starts to get kind of gelatinous and nasty.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/29flUe4
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment