Thursday, April 26, 2018

Blackberry Raspberry Breakfast Muffins

20140109_085009

I’m always looking for new ways to “dress-up” my oatmeal.  I can not just eat plain oatmeal unless I have a bunch of “stuff” in it.  I also wanted to make something that would be easy & healthy for Sean to take on his way out the door in the morning.  With that being said I came up with this vegan friendly oatmeal muffin.

1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour

1 1/4 cups steel cut/rolled oats (whichever you prefer)

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 cup unsweetened applesauce

1/2 cup almond milk

1/2 cup pure honey

1 whole mashed banana

1 cup blackberries/raspberries (you can just use one type of berry)

Preheat oven to 375F

Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and pour into muffin tin.  Bake for 16-18 minutes.  Makes about 12 muffins.

Now if you are like me and love sweets in the morning you can add a chocolate topping to these muffins like I did.

1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (you can use standard chocolate chips here too)

1/4 cup almond milk

1/2 tsp vanilla

Put all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and microwave ingredients for 30 second intervals until its creamy.  Dip tops of muffins in chocolate or drizzle on top if you would like.

There you have it!  A really yummy, super easy oatmeal breakfast!



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed https://ift.tt/2vUSAXU
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment