Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Low Supply Breastfeeding Problems Solved

drchrist

If you have lactation problems related to low supply or no let down, or know anyone that does, please read this.

My third baby is now almost two.  We are still nursing and going strong.  She is a chubby little baby and was exclusively breast-fed until she was six months old.  My milk is there when she needs it.  Everything is great.

This was not always the case, though.  Our first two months of nursing were so hard.  She would latch just fine, but she would be sucking for close to 20 minutes and my milk would not let down.  She was so skinny and cried all. the. time.  She was hungry!  I remember calling my mom and crying because I was so worried and frustrated that I had no milk.  I could not figure it out.  I tried adjusting my diet, I tried lactation cookies (brewer’s yeast is the worst idea ever, unless you enjoy a gassy angry baby), I tried fenugreek supplements.  Nothing was working!

Finally after some research, I ordered a bottle of Dr. Christopher’s Lactation Formula.  This literally solved my problem immediately!  Every time baby wanted to nurse, there was milk.  Without twenty minutes of effort required.  And the best part is that I never had issues with feeling too full or having too much milk with a forceful let-down.

Here is a list of the ingredients:

  • Organic Fenugreek Seed
  • Organic Fennel Seed
  • Organic Anise Seed
  • Wildcrafted Blessed Thistle Herb
  • Wildcrafted Marshmallow Root
  • Organic Dandelion Leaf
  • Wildcrafted Nettle Leaf
  • Wildcrafted Hops Flower
  • Wildcrafted Chaste Tree Berry
  • Wildcrafted Mullen Leaf
  • Organic Jurrasic Green (Alfalfa, Barley & Non-hybrid Wheat Grass)

While exclusively breastfeeding, I would take 2 pills in the morning and 2 pills in the afternoon.  When my daughter started on solids, I cut back to just 2 pills in the morning, which is what I do now.

If you are having issues with low supply or no let down, please do not give up without trying this first!  If you have any questions, please contact me or leave in the comments below.



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed https://ift.tt/2HH9XOt
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment