Saturday, April 4, 2015

DIY Spring Wreath and DIY crafts

Spring is in the air, which means that those beautiful vibrant colors are back and here to stay! I was on Pinterest browsing through the “Spring inspired” wreaths and I wanted to create my own, easy wreath!


DSC03378


YOU WILL NEED:



DIRECTIONS:


DSC03379



  1. Apply painters tape and create a design of your choice. I decided to make it diagonal :)

    1. MAKE SURE to completely cover the area you do not want to be painted gold.



  2. Remove painter’s tape and allow the letter to completely dry.

  3. DSC03380While the letter is drying, use the glue gun and glue a pea sized amount onto the wreath. Immediately place the beginning of the burlap and hold down until dry.

  4. Wrap the burlap around wreath, once you have completely wrapped the wreath with burlap, glue the end.

    1. It doesn’t matter if the burlap ends are visible, because I used my flowers to cover them.DSC03382



  5. Remove the flowers and leaves from their stems. With most fake flowers, they just pop right off.

  6. Begin to glue the flowers and leaves to your preference. After gluing, I pressed each flower down for a few minutes to ensure that they were completely attached to the wreath.

  7. Once I had my flowers and leaves where I wanted them, I placed my letter in the center and glued the bottom and top of the letter to the wreath. After doing so, I flipped the wreath over and allowed the glue to completely dry. I left the wreath flipped over for a few minutes.

  8. DSC03383


I didn’t add photos for this part but while I was leaving the wreath flipped to so the letter was stuck to the wreath completely, I decided to grab some string and glue and attach it so that I would be able to hang it on the wall.


To make sure that the string wasn’t going anywhere, I also stapled the back.


DSC03385


Here’s the finished wreath! I know that usually wreaths are placed on your door.. but I’ve been doing a lot of DIYs to spruce up my cubicle at work and this is going to be a great addition :)






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1IzqZqF

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment