Saturday, April 4, 2015

Reinventing An Old Desk and DIY crafts

I absolutely LOVE holidays!! As much as I wish I could be Martha Stewart in the kitchen, I am not. However, I try to put a special touch on holiday decor.


Jeff and I needed a table for light snacks and drinks for the balcony of our South Florida condo. I had searched for various pieces online and in store, but none were what I envisioned. I LOVE color, and I decided that because there appeared to be no other lovers of my crazy sense of style, I made my own mini serving table.


I started by using an old, worn out desk that I had used in college. It was a medium shade of wood, so I primed it. I removed the drawers because I wanted to be able to use that space to hold dishes, outdoor plate sets, etc.


FullSizeRender (1)


I allowed this to dry for about a day. Then after choosing a vibrant Floridian color, I painted! I wanted the top to remain white and the bottom to be BRIGHT! For outdoor use, I used a clear polyurethane spray once the paint dried (this protects the wood and your hard work!) Wood was sized and painted white, then reinserted where the drawers had been. This created shelves for me to hold various items.


When the entire process was finished, I played around with a few pieces that I love, and I was able to create the exact look I wanted. I love shabby chic and modern, but because this is my “chill” space in the condo, I wanted a very relaxed, beachy vibe. I am quite pleased with it. It is perfect to serve lemonade, wine, and to have little snacks placed out. Everything can be rearranged as needed! Not only did I save money, but I created the exact image in my head!


I am quite excited and happy to have this done just in time for Easter! If this inspired an idea in your mind, I wish you the happiest time recreating it! <3 xoxo


FullSizeRender






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1y6Qi3e

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment