Friday, April 3, 2015

Handmade Sensory Activity Book

Making The book


I’ve seen in shops and online people selling soft material books with interactive features inside.

I’m not great at sewing, infact a total beginner.

I’ve recently invested in a glue gun which I’ve been meaning to do for a while.

So I thought I would combine a little sewing and glueing to make a book, using felt material.

The felt material I have is only A4 size or smaller, so for the outside cover I sewed 2 pieces of it together, to create a large square shape.

I also did another line of sewing, a little smaller than an inch apart from the other line, which creates a binder look to it.


IMG_6963.JPG


I then cut the felt squares out in the size of the book.

You could cut 4 squares out or as many as you want (well within reason that would fit inside the size you have made). I just counted mine and I’ve put 9 in.


IMG_6964.JPG


Once all cut out, I then glued them all together, one by one, on left side, 1cm close to the edge.


IMG_6965.JPG


When they were all glued together, the edge of the felt squares were glued to the binder of the felt cover.


IMG_6958.JPG


IMG_6960.JPG


IMG_6959.JPG


IMG_6961.JPG


The edges made need trimming slightly to make it more tidy.


I may attach a piece of felt onto the back cover and then a piece of Velcro on front side and the piece of felt, to create an open and close fastener.


Haven’t started on the activities yet to put inside, but I will update and show you what I did.






from crafts « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1DwEBFa

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment