Friday, April 3, 2015

I Made A Duffel! and DIY crafts

Let’s see…do I acknowledge/make excuses for my long absence? It happened. I have excuses. I won’t bore you. Moving on.


I’ve been itching to make myself a cute travel bag for months. I wanted a duffel, but since I’d never made one before naturally I got scared and put it off over and over. Until I stopped putting it off!


image


I couldn’t find a pattern or tutorial I loved, so I made one myself – and it turned out mostly great. The size and shape is absolutely perfect, and there are no visible seams, which is important to me. Unfortunately I have this problem where I hate measuring and try to avoid it at all costs. I’m sure if I had been more careful in this aspect the bag would have turned out much cleaner.


But it did pass the Matt Test – meaning, I held it up for my husband and he couldn’t tell what was wrong with it, even though it’s so obvious to me. So I’m still going to carry it, even though it’s kinda wonky. It fits a TON of stuff and will be perfect for the long weekend California trip I’m taking this month. Plus I can’t get enough of that fab bright floral fabric and will still feel like a boss with it!


image


So girly.


image


Book pockets on either end – a must.


Have you tried any new sewing projects lately?






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1ETCprm

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment