Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Is breastfeeding really best?

I need my sanity. There, I said it. As I sit here pumping today I have made a decision to start weaning my 9 month old. I am a night shifter, working mother of 2. Now, while  I support breastfeeding wholly I realize that there is a point in time where lack of sleep and frustration can lead to resentment. Sometimes I am awake feeding my baby ( who still doesn’t always sleep through the night), and as I am sitting there I am listening to my husband snore. Watching everyone else sleep when you are deprived of it is like torture. Does anyone else feel this way? So, for my sanity I am choosing to wean. Feel free to post suggestions for easy weaning. Here are a few of my own tips as this is not my first rodeo so to speak.

Tips for weaning :

1. Start slow. There is nothing worse than being engorged and having mastitis.

2. Start by dropping one or two feedings each day for a week. Then the next week drop another for a total of 3. Do this until your milk supplies dissapates.

3. Stay calm. It will dry up eventually. Take this time to enjoy the bonding.

Feel free to leave comments and tips. Thanks



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/22q9Ifd
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment