Saturday, June 11, 2016

And so it motherbaking begins...

I made my first dolla’ dolla bill ya’ll!

When people make their first dollar in a business, they usually frame it and stick that bad boy up on the wall with pride! It shows the hard work and planning that went into making their business a real thing. Since I am not brick and mortar, I have decided to take a picture of my first money made! And since it’s a $20.00 it will not be sitting in frame getting dusty, it will be going back into my Motherbaking business.

Full disclosure, I was never supposed to get paid. I am still at the focus group level and don’t expect to be up and running for another three or four weeks. Still, I am proud and also grateful for giving people, like my teacher friend Erica (I call all my old co-workers teacher-friends, because they are they only friends who can relate to that kind of work stress), who gave me a lovely card and paid me for my lactation samples.

I have no idea where this business will take me. I don’t want to be rich, but I do want to make a difference, and so that is my expectation of myself. I am excited for some of the items, not just baked goods, I am preparing for all you mom’s out there. In addition, each month ten percent of my proceeds will go to a charity of my choice in Lakeland. Month zero will be NLC Family Preservation Center of Lakeland.

And so, my motherbaking adventure begins!

FullSizeRender (1)



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1YkFQ2u
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment