Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Breastfeeding through pregnancy. 

I keep meaning to write about my pregnancy. Mostly because by the time its over you forget all the little weird hormonal ups and downs. Last week the littlest thing set me off crying and I started to worry because my first trimester symptoms had finally died down but now I didn’t feel pregnant enough. The brain does strange things!


I’m now 16 weeks and day to day feeling fine. I’ve started to feel little squigles of movement low down and still feel tired some days. Woody is still breastfeeding. Hes 2 and 3 months. Its getting tough now though. Yesterday was the most painful day. It felt like he was sucking dust as there was nothing there. We had had a busy weekend so his several feeds a day was just down too a couple of feeds a day. I don’t think this has helped my supply. The past two days we’ve spent time reconnecting though and that seems to have helped. 

Some folks might think why not wean now (some folks probably think I should have weaned months a go) but I think feeding will be so handy once babies here I really want to cling onto it if I can. Hes such an active toddler its the one way I can calm him. I think it will also be good bonding time for him and his sibbling. Not much else we can do but try. 

This is one of many reasons why I’d like to see natural term weaning supported and encouraged. Its so handy and sorts all sorts of issues and problems. People say things like if hes old enough to ask for it hes to old to have it. Rubbish! Or if hes walking around and drinking from cups why not express. For one not all of us are equiped with the skills to express. Also boobs are awesome! When little one is feeding his saliva will be sending messages to my breasts to tell them if there is an infection that needs fighting. Woody has had a couple of colds and thats about it! And obviously the most important reason to carry on breastfeeding because we want to and it doesn’t matter what any one else thinks!



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/2fwX0f9
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment