Thursday, November 17, 2016

Chocolate Chunk Lactation Cookies (with vegan option!)

(Do you have Amazon Prime? It’s pretty amazing… you can try it for 30 days FREE (this is AWESOME for Christmas shopping!) just Click Here.)

When Danny was about 2 weeks old, one of my good friends (Laura) asked me if I wanted her to make me some Lactation Cookies. Um…YES PLEASE! I had never tried lactation cookies! She delivered them to my house, and they were so amazing I started making them myself. Well, Clare and I started making them. We also delivered some to my sister who recently gave birth to her first baby. :)

**Do they work?? Yeah, they do for me! I definitely notice an increase in production when I eat these!

lactation-cookies-2

The recipe my friend sent me can be found on this site: bellybelly.com.au, though I always like to change or add ingredients when I make things. So here’s what I did:

Use organic ingredients whenever possible. To make these vegan, replace the butter with coconut oil and take out the egg.

Ingredients (makes approximately 14-16 cookies):

1 cup flour (I use King Arthur flour)

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 cup butter (or coconut oil for non-dairy/vegan option)

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 tablespoons flaxseed meal

1 egg (or skip the egg… in my first batch I didn’t include an egg because I didn’t have any left. The cookies still came out great! Obviously if you’re going for the vegan option you won’t include the egg.)

3 tablespoons water

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2 teaspoons apple pie spice (see below for this recipe)

2 tablespoons Brewers’ Yeast

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups steel cut oats

1 cup chocolate chunks (I use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks)

unknown

Directions:

Heat oven to 340F. In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter, then add the egg (if you’re using it) and vanilla.

In separate small bowl, mix the flaxseed and water and let it sit for a few minutes before adding it to the large bowl.

Add all of the dry ingredients (except for the oats and chocolate chunks) to the butter mixture and mix well.

Stir in the oats and chocolate chunks.

Drop them by spoonful (I used just a regular spoon, probably a little less then a tablespoon) on a lightly greased or lined baking tray.

Bake for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!

Here’s the apple pie spice recipe!

1 tablespoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 teaspoon allspice

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

By the way, I also really like Traditional Medicinals Mother’s Milk Tea. :)

51mmhlryotl-_sy300_ql70_



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/2g17O2y
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment