Monday, February 24, 2020

No-bake Lactation Cookies

Total Body Wellness: No-Bake Lactation Cookies

I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to breastfeed all 3 of my kids. It hasn’t been easy (I’ll share a post about my most recent nursling soon if you haven’t already heard our journey), but it’s been worth it. The health benefits that come from breastfeeding are plentiful and I love the bond it gives me with my babies.

Overall I haven’t really struggled with my milk supply but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a lactation cookie (or two!) to help out. I eat oatmeal every morning and drank Blue Gatorade for the first month or so as I was building my milk supply. (There are conflicting beliefs regarding galactogues, but I’m of the mindset that if it doesn’t hurt and tastes good, why not?)

I started out making regular no-bake cookies as a delicious treat and another way to get some oatmeal in mid-day. Then I realized I could add in some other beneficial ingredients like flax meal and brewer’s yeast, and these cookies were created! (You can’t taste the flax seeds but don’t use too much brewer’s yeast or your cookies will have a bitter taste.) These cookies are delicious and my kids like to eat these too.

No-bake Lactation Cookies

2 cups sugar
3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
2-1/2 cups oats
1/4 cup ground flax
1/4 cup brewer’s yeast

In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa powder, butter, and milk. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Add in oats, flax, and brewer’s yeast. Stir to combine. Drop by the spoonfuls onto parchment paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.



from lactation « WordPress.com Tag Feed https://ift.tt/38WVoTF
article sponsered by Northern Michigan certified lactation consulting and Mother Hubbards Country Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment