Friday, February 27, 2015

New Art Journal {Sneak Peak - WIP} and DIY crafts

I’m currently making a new art journal for myself. I have a cheap little composition notebook that I’m altering to make this happen.


Art Journal WIP | Chrystal Doodles


So far, what I have done:

1. Mod Podge’d torn up scrapbook papers. Covering the entire cover.


2. Rubbed distress ink (Vintage Photo, Faded Jeans & Black Soot) all over it.


3.Then decided it needed more texture, so I put a layer of gesso all over it, and added some rhinestones that I had. Then blotted with a paper napkin.


4. Once it dried, I added more Distress Ink (Vintage Photo & Faded Jeans) for more color.


5. Made a homemade stencil for the dots (just a random plastic that I used a hole punch on) and inked it with Distress Ink (Faded Jeans).


6. And lastly added some sparkly dots around the rhinestones using a sparkly glitter glue. (They don’t look very sparkly in the photo.)


This is still a work in progress (WIP). Hopefully I get this done today. Just trying to figure out what I still want to do to it.


Happy Friday!






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1DArDTu

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment