Saturday, February 28, 2015

Recipe journal make over and DIY crafts

I have an awfully boring recipe journal! with a black cover… :(. And since many many months I have been thinking about a make over. Finally I made a rough sketch and gathered the things I needed.


I used:

1. Brown paper

2. Fabric strip, I kept the raw edge on purpose! I wanted a rustic look

3. Heart cut from the same fabric, after all you need to pour out your heart to cook…right?

4. A cloth tag

5. Few strings of wool

6. Few beads

7. Glue, scissors.


20150228-145537.jpg


I won’t post photos of step by step assembly, it’s pretty easy actually! What I did is that I wrapped the brown paper first, then added the fabric pieces i.e. the strip and the heart. I cut the clothing tag into two pieces and used them as a closure for the journal. (Oh yes! I cut out the original binding elastic). For closure, I cut out strings of wool and inserted some beads at the ends. Here, I must mention, the beads which I selected at first didn’t pass through the wool, so I used other beads. I dangled some strings of wool with beads from the spine… they can be used as multiple bookmarks too. I did some doodling for final touch up.


20150228-150516.jpg


I can’t wait to write a new recipe :)


20150228-150721.jpg


Keep calm…. And cook :)






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1vKSgEW

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment