Thursday, February 26, 2015

Christmas 2014 - Lawn Fawn Snow Day Shaker Card

This card I made for a friend that lives in Japan. I wanted to do a shaker card for her. I measured sheet of red paper with a snowflake pattern to fit within the dimensions of the card and then I cut out a window from that using the Lawn Fawn Large Rectangles Stitched Stackables. This paper is from the Lawn Fawn Snow Day 6×6 paper pack.


Lawn-Fawn-Stackables-Die


From there I measured out background which I thought the pattern paper with the cute bunnies in the snow would be perfect. This is also from the same Lawn Fawn Snow Day paper pack.


Lawn-Fawn-Christmas-Papers


Lawn-Fawn-Snow-Day


Once I had the background measured and cut out I adhered it to the card.


Lawn-Fawn-Christmas-Card


I double checked the pattern papers aligned nicely and there was nothing sticking out from behind the red pattern paper.


Lawn-Fawn-Snow-Day-Idea


Then I cut a strip of white card stock and cut a triangle form one end to make a ribbon banner.


Lawn-Fawn-Merry-Christmas


I stamped ‘Merry’ in red and ‘Christmas’ in black from the Simon Says Stamp Holiday Greetings stamp pack. I adhered the ribbon to the pattern paper.


Stickles-Christmas-Red-Idea


I wanted to jazz it up a bit so I used Christmas Red Stickles to go over the ‘Merry’ sentiment and I added a few accents on the red portions of the pattern paper, such as the heart the bunny is holding and Christmas bauble hanging in the tree.


Lawn-Fawn-Snow-Day-Card


It took ages to dry! But once the stickles was all set, I put poured some sequins into the centre.


How-to-make-a-shaker-card


I cut some clear plastic wrap, from a scrap packet that had contained embellishments, to fit the ‘window’. And then I lined it with foam tape. It took a while to peel all the strips off, haha! But once I had, I adhered it on top of the background and the shaker card was all done! Shake, shake, shake!


Lawn-Fawn-Snow-Day-Shaker-Card-Idea






from crafts « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1AOfjOc

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment