Saturday, February 28, 2015

Enjoy the Adventure Ahead

Hello everyone!


It’s been a couple of nights since I’ve posted, and since I’m not somewhere I can put together a challenge card tonight, I thought I’d sit down and share with you one of the cards I’ve made in the past few days (the just for fun kind!) I received another large shipment of SU goodies Wednesday night so I’ve been reveling in those.


Enjoy the Adventure Ahead

Enjoy the Adventure Ahead



This card was so simple, but it’s one of my favorites that I’ve ever made! This time I’ll start with the top layer and work toward the base! It features a stamp from a set I knew was going to become one of my favorites from the moment I first saw it in the catalogue – Life’s Adventure!


The stamp is, as I mentioned, from the stamp set Life’s Adventure (Item #133931 [Wood] | Item #133934 [Clear]). It’s stamped in StazOn jet black ink (Item #101406) and colored in the medium and light shades of the Pumpkin Pie Blendabilities assortment. I cut it into a rectangle and offset it with two other rectangles from the Flowerpot Designer Series Paper pack (Item #133698). These are layered on a Tea Lace Paper Doily (Item #129399).


Next we’ve got the orange/white stripes and the yellow flowery looking paper, which are also both pieces from the Flower Pot DSP pack!


3 2 4


All of this is mounted on a card base in Night of Navy (Item #100867).


My favorite part about this card is that I sat down and I had no sense of direction. I started with the stamp and decided I wanted to try some offset layers – I had no idea what colors I wanted, and I can honestly say that the orange and yellow would normally never have occurred to me. But while I was playing around with the double-sided DSP pages, it just kind of hit me how well the orange and yellow complimented the Night of Navy, and I think the navy polka dots in the first offset rectangle really pulled it all together.


That’s all for tonight! Here’s a sneak peak to a couple of the cards I’ll be sharing in the near future. As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon!


My Online Shop | Join the Fun – Become a Stampin’ UpDemonstrator! | My Facebook Page






from crafts « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1wxa15O

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment