Saturday, February 28, 2015

Dystopia Rising: Post Apocalypse Costume and DIY crafts

So, for Dystopia Rising, I figured I would want a simple costume that is easy to maneuver in, but still fits the theme.

I’ve already acquired a red maxi skirt, a pair of goggles, and some fabric from Value Village.


I ordered craft foam from amazon. Here


And I have a working, super basic sketched design:


I can draw guys, I swear!


The first thing I’m going to do, after I survive the madness that is a debate tournament, is cut and distress the skirt. The skirt will be slit down both sides and I’m going to be cutting it into a more triangular shape.


Next I’ll make the armor, I’ll post a step by step tutorial when it’s finished, particularly depending on if I use an old corset from another costume as a base.


The boots will be a pair of demonia combat boots I wore during my emo phase in high school.These will be slightly distressed, But I actually think that the durability is believable post apocalypes.


The hood piece will probably be made from a hooded jacket or sweatshirt which I will cut down to size.


Ordinary leggings will go under the skirt, but these may be distressed as well, depending if I can find a cheap pair I won’t mind ruining.


The goggles were three dollars at value village. I’ll add more pictures to this monday and post some work-in-progress pics as well!


In the mean time, please enjoy this delightful picture of emo Ren:



Incidentally, this absurd image was captured by our very own Robin

#besties


~Ren






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1LWu8U6

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment