Saturday, February 28, 2015

Project #4 - Cell Phone Sleeve Case

Whoops, a little late on posting this. Got a little busier than usual this week! Anyway, let’s get started!


So I wanted a way to carry all of my important items (phone, ID, a credit/debit card, chap stick, etc.) without having to necessarily carry around my purse (which is along the lines of a Mary Poppins bag). I looked around on Pinterest and found this really cute pattern for a cell phone case. I wanted something that closed at the top but didn’t use a button to do so and this pattern by Genuine Mudpie (see sidebar for pattern) was perfect.


I used Simply Soft by Caron, the Passion color, and my trusty 5 mm hook. I modified the pattern slightly to be a little bigger since I have an iPhone 5 (which didn’t exist in 2011 when the pattern was written) and my phone has a hard case on it that I didn’t want to have to take on and off in order to use the sleeve I was making. So I added an additional 2 stitches, making it wider, and I kept going until it measured about 14.5 inches long (to accommodate the larger screen).


IMG_0649

The finished product!



CIMG2501 I also added in a little leather pocket on the inside (not sure you can see it very well in the picture) so I could keep my driver’s license and a credit or debit card.


IMG_0650

That black thing in there is the pocket…trust me, it’s there.



CIMG2502 It was a very tightly-knit (tightly-crochet?) project. I was still trying to figure out the meaning of “tension” so by the time I was done, my hands hurt very much because I was too tight! But after having used it for a few months, taking it back and forth to the gym with me, it’s proven to be useful and very durable. I might find a way to attach a key ring on it so I could attach the whole unit to my keys. That’s another project for another day! :)






from crafts « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1ASPc8V

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment