Tuesday, March 31, 2015

DIY Mini Greenhouses and DIY crafts

DIY greenhouses to protect your plants from rabbits and deer - I just used stuff from our recyle bins - awesome!


Spring is here! My tulips are sprouting, hurrah. Apparently, however, the rabbits think of them as an all you can eat salad bar. They have chewed a bunch of them down to nubs.


To try to keep the wasscaly wabbits from eating any more, I made some DIY mini greenhouses. I grabbed some empty containers from our recyle bin and cut them so the bottoms would be open, and poked some air holes in. I attached them to the ground with push-in gardening staples that I had leftover from a landscaping project.


I ended up reusing a strawberry clamshell container, a little milk bottle from a happy meal, a couple of soda bottles, a gallon milk jug, and an apple juice container. The white milk containers look “unique” in the flower bed (AKA not a lot of curb appeal), so I plan on replacing them with clear containers that blend in a little better and don’t look so obvious.


Sun, and air, and water can go in, and (fingers crossed!) rabbit teeth will stay out. Happy gardening!


DIY mini greenhouses - upcycle milk containers soda bottles and more


gardening tips and tricks - reuse containers and attach with lawn staples - awesome way to recycle AND keep rabbits away






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1IkYFbq

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment