Tuesday, March 31, 2015

DIY customised pencil pot and DIY crafts

Hello lovelies!


I’ve had quite a few requests via Twitter to do a tutorial on how to customise your pencil pot! I did have a “super storage” one, but there was hardly any room to store all of my stuff! So, I looked around the house for things to use and made a list…


You will need:


IMG_1193


1. A jar- I used an old coffee jar!


2. Some tissue/crepe paper in your choice of colour- this is easier to work with than normal paper.


3. Some PVA glue.


Optional:


Any stickers, washi tape or likewise!


If it’s a light colour, you might need some paint.


Method:


1. Gather your supplies! Make sure your jar is free of labels, especially if you plan to use white crepe paper (like me!) so it doesn’t show through!


2. Glue the crepe paper to your jam jar! I use the glue-and-roll method. I did about 4 layers of paper. You will probably get some holes in layers 1-2, but don’t worry, this will soon even out. On my last (2) layers I glued a sheet of crepe paper together, so there was less chance of it ripping.


IMG_1198


3. Coat the outside with PVA glue. This will make the crepe paper really soggy! Be careful not to rip any holes! This will your pot some shine and also make sure the paper has less chance of ripping due to general wear or tear. Leave to dry!


IMG_1200 IMG_1201IMG_1202


*4. You may need to use some paint to cover up any patches if you used a light colour, like me.


IMG_1208


4. Once dry, customise! I used some washi tape to decorate it, but you could use stickers, photos or even rhinestones! You can find washi tape basically anywhere!


IMG_1205 IMG_1209


Alternative method:


*This method may not work or you if (like me) you want the pot to be a light colour.


1. Rip up newspaper pieces.


2. Glue them in patches onto your pot, making sure to do at least 2-3 layers.


3. Wait to dry and then paint with your chosen colour!


4. Wait to dry, decorate and enjoy!


I hope you enjoyed this post and please comment with a picture of your successful (or not so successful!) customised pencil pots! X






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1OWNpXU

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment