Sunday, March 29, 2015

30 Toys in 30 Days: Dinosaur Bones, Dinosaur Treats and DIY crafts

IMG_7864.JPG

When I was about 8 years old my sisters and I, along with our good friends, dug a hole in the middle of the yard…the middle of the front yard.

Somewhat randomly, we decided to dig until we found dinosaur bones or until we reached China. I secretly wanted to find dinosaur bones first because I thought digging through the core of the earth would be rather hard and hot work and besides, I didn’t know Chinese.


Anyway we were a good 5 feet down before our parents realized what we were up to. We were so determined. We used shovels till we couldn’t lift them over our heads any more and then resorted to plastic cups that we bucket brigade out with the tallest kids in the hole, passing the dirt to the munchkins on top. It was almost the end of the world when both sets of parents put an absolute end to our fun. Now, I understand their concern about walls caving and children dying but, of course at 8 years old, I thought they were just out to ruin our fun.

So the only way this story relates to the toy I made for today, is the dinosaurs.


IMG_7866.JPG

Every kid has to be slightly obsessed with dinosaurs at some point in there childhood. I could see these jars holding a few different, trash-free treats to be gifted as well as decorating a youngster’s room.


IMG_7867.JPG






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1G6TtZJ

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment