Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Everything has a new life if needed.

So I went to an estate sale yesterday where a 96 year old woman had seemingly lived her whole entire life in. Her children had passed away before her. Being sad, she spent lots of money on things she really did not need to fill the hole in her heart. Now she has passed and her belongings are moving on in life. Some of it junk, some never warn clothing and shoes. Lots of kitchenware, books and craft supplies.

I found 2 old beautifully crocheted bed spreads/table covers. One was repairable with just having one small hole. The other was pretty ratty and stained. I am salvaging what is good on this and making some pillows. Utilizing the burlap coffee sacks I have acquired and covering the top with the cut pieces of the crochet blanket.

At least I can give some new life to parts of something I believe she had handmade herself…….


crochet pillow






from crafts « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1u1hy0E

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment