Wednesday, March 4, 2015

DIY Planner and DIY crafts

I have a stationary addiction. I think I always have. I used to love back to school shopping because I got to buy new notebooks, pens, highlighters, etc. as an adult, not much has changed, I still love stationary. Going shopping at a store like WalMart I always want to check out the office supplies section, and I could easily waste hours of time (and lots of money) at Staples.


Today I am going to share with you an easy and cheap planner I made myself just under a year ago.


2015/03/img_1194.jpg

For the planner itself I found a Martha Stewart mini binder on clearance at Staples for about $2 (score!). I also found a binder elastic for $0.49 (it was originally a two pack).


The binder requires 5.5 x 8.5 paper. You can either buy planner inserts and paper this size, or do what I did and make your own. I actually designed my own inserts using Microsoft Word on regular letter sized paper, and then cut them in half. There are lots and lots of free printables available online for this sized binder, so you can easily find some that work for you.


In terms of sections of the binder I have yearly calendars, monthly calendars, and weekly calendars, as well as a section for shopping lists, holiday tracking, and notes. I used post it note tabs, and my label maker to mark off each section. To mark off the week I’m in, I used a fancier paper clip tab from Staples.


2015/03/img_1197.jpg


2015/03/img_1198.jpg


2015/03/img_1195.jpg


2015/03/img_1196.jpg

This system worked really well for me before Little Man was born as it fit in my purse and I could take it anywhere. However, now that I have given up my purse and am only using a pocket in the diaper bag as my new purse (which is much much smaller), I need to downsize, which is why I have ordered a new medium Kikki K planner (for those who like Filofax its apparently the same as the personal size). I am eagerly awaiting it’s arrival, and there will be a number of posts about it once it arrives.






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1zKsT1H

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment