Friday, January 30, 2015

Sorry a little behind... and DIY crafts

I haven’t been feeling well. I was trying to push through it like maybe if I ignore it it’ll go away type situation but no it’s here! My deepest apologies for keeping you waiting. Day two of the Online Card Classes was awesome. I am glad I signed up I could use tips on how to make clean and simple cards. It’s not an easy thing. So this is what I got from day two…


IMG_3634


My first step was to choose a die that was going to achieve the look I wanted. I have to catch up on my valentine cards so I decided that I would choose the Mama Elephant heart boarder die… I bought it when it first came out then got two free with orders I put in so it worked out perfect


IMG_3632


I lined them up and then ran them through my Cuttlebug. I left it all together and placed two strips of post it note tape creating a closed space where I could added some color. I then choose the colors that I wanted to use which was distress ink in worn lipstick, picked raspberry, and spun sugar. Used my ink blender to apply and starting at the bottom I made an ombré affect. I stamped my sentiment at the top of the same space I added my color. I then took it all apart and added foam tape to the back of the pieces. Arranged the pieces on my card base and with the positives of dies I cut out three of the hearts in different shades and added Wink of Stella to them adhered them underneath the sentiment and put some glossy accents to give it some dimension. It was a simple and clean valentine card that I just fell in love with. I really enjoyed the technique you can change it to fit any type of card.


I also learned another technique. Very simple but tedious. I started by taking a big heart die and tracing it directly on to my card base. Then I cut out a whole bunch of hearts some arrows and a word die. Another valentine card of course. I started with the word die and glued that first. And then I just glued everything else around it staying in the boundaries of the traced pencil mark. Of course I added some wink of Stella to the word die because I wanted to make it pop but not to much. And this is my result…


IMG_3638






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1654tcn

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment