Saturday, January 31, 2015

Bobble edged bunting.

I said the other day that I was addicted to crocheted bobble edging and I have edged all my crochet bunting flags that way. Well today I started on the fabric flags and have found out how to add a crochet edge to fabric. I have used the same wool that I used for the crocheted bunting flags which is probably not what you’re supposed to do but I’m just a newbie when it comes to crocheting so I’ll plead ignorance!


First I blanket stitched all the way around, which gave me something to start crocheting onto.


IMG_0264

Then I did a simple foundation row of crochet all the way around the flag which would give a nice base to the bobble edging.


IMG_0265

Lastly I went right around the edge crocheting the bobbles until I had finished the flag.


IMG_0266

I don’t know the technical names of the stitches I did but I’ll consult the books Mum and Dad got me for Christmas and if I can identify what I did then I’ll try and give you a sort of pattern description.


Now for the other flags…………..all 119 of them! Told you it will be a labour of love, I think I’ll investigate crocheting with thread rather than wool as it may be a lot quicker and easier! :) x






from crafts « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1BJtFzR

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment