Friday, January 30, 2015

DIY Sour Cream Crown and DIY crafts

Just finished the crowns for our princess’s upcoming birthday party. I wanted the crowns to be unique which meant I needed to make them myself (like I really needed the excuse lol).

I entertained the thought of lace crowns for a minute since I loved the ones done by thegirlinspired but in the end I decided I wanted ones shaped more like Aurora’s crown since we are having a Sleeping Beauty themed party.

In order to achieve this look I sketched out a crown on cardstock until I had the shape I desired.


IMG_9836

Then traced it on some sour cream containers (don’t judge but we definitely go through a lot of sour cream in our house and I save the containers because…well you never know when you will need one).

Next I cut the crowns out using my new handy tandy shears that I got from my mother-in-law for Christmas (thank you again Connie…I LOVE these things!!).


IMG_9561

After I gave them a good two coats of Rust-Oleum gold spray-paint (letting them dry fully in between coats) I gave them one coat of Valspar gold glitter spray-paint.


IMG_9834

Now I am just debating whether to attach them to the gold headbands or not. Either way, we are super excited with the results so far.


IMG_9826






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1yKmpix

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment