Saturday, January 31, 2015

Dealing With Going Back To School (Especially The First Day) and DIY crafts

Note: If you don’t live in Australia or aren’t familiar with the Australian education system, you will be thoroughly confused.


images-11


Well, the new school year began earlier this week and I know that for most people, including me, going back to school is a major struggle. It may or may not be due to the fact that I’m very unproductive in the holidays and forget what life outside my room is. I usually spend my holidays on my laptop, sitting in my room, trying to beat the heat. But then, those six short weeks known as school holidays suddenly come to an end, and next thing I know, I’m getting ready for another year back at prison, aka school (actually it’s not that bad, I just exaggerate a lot). And the first day is always the most difficult.


Personally, I find it very hard to deal with the first day back at school because in the summer holidays, everything is messed up; my brain, my room, my sleeping schedule and just me, in general, are all dysfunctional. But around a week before the first day of school, I was browsing through Instagram and I found these pretty useful tips about dealing with the first day of school. Since they worked pretty well for me, I thought, “why not share these great tips!” and now here I am writing this. Hopefully you enjoy reading it and it gives you some advice about dealing with the first day back at school.


tumblr_mkzbwnTRyy1raio19o1_500


1) Pretend it’s just another school day.


Don’t think too much about the fact that you have school tomorrow for the first time after six weeks; just act is if it’s another regular school day and it’ll be easier to cope with the overwhelming feeling of sitting and doing work for 6 hours a day, 5 days a week.


9d7bb62a2118bcad606ab9e741ab49fe


2) Prepare everything the night before.


On the night before your first day back, make sure to pack your backpack with all essential school supplies that you’ll require (in my case – pens, highlighters, laptop, notebooks, calculator, wallet, tissues, gum and a yearly planner in a diary format). Also, keep your uniform in an easily accessible area and make sure it’s clean and ironed (my school’s very strict about uniform so I have to take a lot of care in making sure that my shoes and dress are all in perfect condition -_-) Just make sure that you’re fully prepared with all essential items for school. Forgetting something important on the first day is pretty horrible so don’t let that happen to you.


3) Try to adapt to your regular sleeping schedule beforehand.


Around a week before school starts, try sleeping on time and waking up early so your body and adapt to your regular sleeping schedule instead of just suddenly changing your sleeping schedule so drastically. If you do this, you can ease yourself into such a major change and won’t have to deal with the struggle of sleeping and waking up early.


images-12


4) Be confident and happy to return to school.


Many people get nervous before the start of a new school year and it’s completely understandable, especially if you’re starting at a new school. But, if you make yourself think that going back to school isn’t a big deal and tackle it with a smile upon your face, it will make the overall journey of returning to school a whole lot easier.


5) Stay calm and don’t freak out.


As previously mentioned, people get really nervous on their first day back but just try to stay calm throughout the day. If you do get in a messy situation, don’t have a mental breakdown; stay calm and collected and think of a reasonable way do deal with any issues.






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/1yS38f7

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment