Monday, February 2, 2015

A New Year and New Projects and DIY crafts

With the end of 2014 and the fall semester, I have been slacking when it comes to blogging. I do apologize for that.


So, as the next semester begins and things get crazy, I thought I would blog a little. Christmas was insane, as far as crafting goes. I crocheted far too much, yet not enough. Hah. When you have a large family, you tend to crochet until your fingers are ready to fall off. I was sure to make a bunch of hats, ear warmer/head bands, slippers, and scarves for my family, though! That was a good idea seeing that the weather finally took a turn and became rather frigid. Burr..


I would say that after crocheting for about 20 years, and consistently for 11 of those, I have finally begun making things without a pattern to follow. I guess you could say that I wing it. I don’t know about anyone else, but patterns aren’t always written correctly. I have to literally crochet the item before I can decide if something feels off. Then I just frog the work and start over. Frogging refers to completely dismantling the project and starting over. You have got to love crochet speak! Who thought of “frogging” when they were crocheting, like where did that term even come from? I’m not even sure.


Anyways, it is pretty disappointing when you start four different patterns only to take them all apart! Thus, why I have begun crocheting my own things. I made a beautiful pair of fingerless gloves for one of my nieces, all on my own!


Alexis' Fingerless Gloves 2014


**Please do not copy, save, repost, or use any photos found in my blog. I retain sole ownership of all photos and content found within my blog.**


I do love how they turned out! I suppose that I am a little biased, though. My niece is a bit of a tomboy, especially since she is absolutely her father’s daughter. Given that, I thought this beautiful blue/green variegated yarn would look camo-ish enough for her liking. And… she loved them, so that makes it worth it!


I will be giving my fingers and hands a small break from crocheting, and I will focus on baking, cooking, and other crafts. Be sure to check back for some projects! I have some jewelry making to do shortly, and I will post the project tutorial(s) soon.


Have a great week! :)






from diy « WordPress.com Tag Feed http://ift.tt/16la8eA

from jammco.us and http://ift.tt/1COg4GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment